READING, Pa. – Berks County is once again going blue to show its support for law enforcement officers.
Crime Alert Berks County‘s third annual Ribbons of Respect campaign officially began Monday.
The month-long initiative is held each May to coincide with National Police Week and Peace Officers Memorial Day on May 15.
Crime Alert has distributed thousands of blue ribbons around Berks County for display on poles, trees, doors and mailboxes.
Anyone wishing to display a ribbon can pick one up for free at dozens of participating locations in Berks County:
- Tompkins Vist Bank
- First Priority Bank
- Mortgage America, 1100 Berkshire Boulevard, Wyomissing
- Chick-fil-A, Broadcasting Square, Spring Township
- Denny’s Electric, 4420 Pottsville Pike, Building 9, Muhlenberg Township
- Customers Bank
- A to Z Vacuum, 350 North Park Road, Wyomissing
- Century 21 Park Road, 60 Commerce Drive, Spring Township
- Stein Flowers, 32 State Street, Shillington
- Tina’s Salon & Day Spa, 404 Penn Avenue, West Reading
- Bob Fisher Chevrolet, 4111 Pottsville Pike, Muhlenberg Township
- Kurtz Florist, 412 State Street, Hamburg
- Performance Toyota, 4681 Penn Avenue, Lower Heidelberg Township
- Wyomissing Restaurant & Bakery, 1245 Penn Avenue, Wyomissing
- All Redner’s Markets locations
- Security Guards Inc., 600 North Park Road, Wyomissing
See full article here: http://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/blue-ribbons-showing-respect-for-law-enforcement-in-berks/474162642